Ingredients: Saturated Fat, Polyunsaturated Fat, Monounsaturated Fat, Vitamin E.
Other Ingredients: Organic Unrefined Flax Seed Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Pumpkin Oil, Organic Extra-virgin Olive Oil, Natural Orange Flavor, Organic Stevia.
This formula is gluten-free, casein-free, alcohol-free. Contains no milk, eggs, soy, wheat, yeast, or corn. No artificial colorings, flavorings or sweeteners.
Omega 3s for kids and babies has never been easier! Plant-based omega -3, -6 and -9 fatty acids can be a part of your child’s daily diet by mixing ChildLife® Essential Fatty Acids with juices, smoothies, cereals, puddings, or over pancakes or waffles (after cooking).
For infants 6 months-1 yr: 1/2 teaspoon every other day
For children 1-5 yrs: 1-2 teaspoons daily
For children 5-12 yrs: 1-2 tablespoons daily
For pregnant or nursing mothers: 1-3 tablespoons daily
• Shake well before use.
• Keep refrigerated.
• Use within 10 weeks of opening.
• Give directly or mix with your child’s favorite drink or food.
Important: Do not cook with this oil or heat over 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids are all important and essential for a child’s health. It is primarily a matter of the right amounts and balance. Omega-3 oils supply DHA and EPA. DHA is the primary fatty acid that is found in the brain and every brain cell requires DHA to grow and function properly. EPA is primarily involved in regulating the body’s anti-inflammatory immune response. Omega-6 oils supply GLA which is also considered an essential fatty acid and works with EPA to maintain balance in the anti-inflammatory/inflammatory immune response system.
ChildLife® provides three products that contain these essential fatty acids: a vegetarian Essential Fatty Acid complex, Cod Liver Oil in liquid form and Pure DHA in a softgel chewable capsule.
- ChildLife® Essential Fatty Acids includes the omega-3 oils from all vegetarian sources: flaxseed, sunflower, olive and pumpkin seed. This will provide your child with the essential omega-3 fatty acids, primarily in the form of EPA. However, your child’s body will then need to convert some of these fatty acids into DHA, which is the fatty acid so involved and important for brain function.
- ChildLife® Cod Liver Oil provides the omega-3 oils derived from the liver of cod fish. The difference here is that Cod Liver Oil contains EPA and DHA in a form that is ready for immediate absorption and does not need to be converted as with the Essential Fatty Acid formula.
- ChildLife® Pure DHA provides the same Cod Liver Oil as in our liquid formula, with the EPA and DHA immediately ready for absorption, but in a flavored chewable soft-gel capsule for those children who prefer to take their Cod Liver Oil in this form.
– From Why Our Children Need Supplements & Natural Immune Boosting Support
Why Supplements Are Important by Dr. Murray Clarke, ND., D.Hom., L.Ac
In my clinic as a homeopathic pediatrician, my efforts are dedicated to understanding what promotes health. This includes what causes, what prevents, as well as what heals the diverse conditions affecting our children. Careful nurturing through the formative years creates the basis for good health throughout life. On the physical level, this means a healthful diet and nutritional supplements.
- Studies from around the world show that modern farming methods have resulted in depleted soil conditions. Hence, the foods grown on that soil no longer contain the full spectrum of essential nutrients needed for healthy development, strong immune function and emotional and mental vitality.
- Fast foods, junk foods, processed foods, poor dietary habits, and the finicky appetites of many children also require nutritional supplementation to correct, and balance nutritional deficiencies.
- The extraordinary increase in exposure to environmental pollutants and toxicity from this century’s industrial pursuits creates the need for extra immune and anti-oxidant protection for today’s children.
A child who does not receive enough of all the essential vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids will be much more prone to a wide variety of illnesses. I developed the ChildLife® line of nutritional supplements to increase awareness about these deficiencies and their consequences, and to provide all the necessary ingredients in a great tasting and readily available form.
The body and mind developed during childhood create the foundation for the rest of your child’s life. It is my hope that ChildLife Essentials® will play an ongoing role in developing and maintaining many healthful and hopeful lives.
Dr. Murray Clarke, ND., D.Hom., L.Ac
About ChildLife Essentials®
ChildLife Essentials® provides a complete line of nutritional supplements designed specifically for infants and children.
About Dr. Murray Clarke
Dr. Clarke holds licenses and doctorates in three fields of medicine: Naturopathic Medicine, Homeopathic Medicine and Oriental Medicine. His credentials include professorships at several Los Angeles based institutions including Emperors College of Oriental Medicine, Samra University, and American University of Complimentary Medicine. He is the founder of the International Academy of Holistic Pediatrics (IAHP).
Since 1988, Dr. Murray Clarke, has been welcoming young patients to his world-renowned Pediatric Medical Clinic in Los Angeles and is deeply committed to educating parents and health practitioners about how to safeguard children from all that can compromise growth and full development.
Dr. Clarke is known for restoring health to infants and children with conditions such as allergies, asthma, eczema to gastrointestinal disorders, behavioral disorders, ADD, ADHD and Asperger’s Syndrome.
Drawing on his 25 years of practice, Dr. Clarke authored the highly acclaimed book, “Natural Baby-Healthy Child: Alternative Health Care Solutions from Pre-conception through Childhood.” It’s an essential medical road map for parents to correct, enhance and protect their children’s health starting with pre-conception and preparation by the mother, into pregnancy, and on throughout childhood.
Dr. Clarke is the Founder and President of ChildLife Essentials®, the first complete line of nutritional supplements formulated exclusively for infants and children. Launched in 2000, ChildLife Essentials® is now distributed throughout the world and has become a leading children’s supplement in the United States and China.
In 2008, ChildLife Essentials® received a MACT Excellence Award by Safe Baby Healthy Child’s founders, Sandra Blum and Samantha Fox Olson. In 2014, Dr. Clarke became an international holistic expert for Safe Baby Healthy Child to empower parents and their children thrive in mind, body, spirit and soul.
Joshi K, Lad S, Kale M, et al. “Supplementation with flax oil and vitamin C improves the outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).” Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2006 Jan;74(1):17-21.
Li X., Hao L., Liu Y., Chen C., Pai V., Kang J. “Protection against fine particle-induced pulmonary and systemic inflammation by omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.” Biochimica et Biophysica (BBA) – General Subjects. 2017. March;1861(3):577-584.
Cherbut C, Aube AC, et al. “Effects of short-chain fatty acids on gastrointestinal motility.” Scand J Gastroentero Suppl. 1997;222:58-61 1997. PMID:9145449.
Cleland LG, James MJ. “Rheumatoid arthritis and the balance of dietary N-6 and N-3 essential fatty acids.” Br J Rheumatol 1997 May;36(5):513-4.
Cunnane SC, Hamadeh MJ, Liede AC, et al. “Nutritional attributes of traditional flaxseed in healthy young adults.” Am J Clin Nutr 1995 Jan;61(1):62-8. PMID:18200.
Flax Council. Flax History. http://www.flaxcouncil.ca/hisindex.htm 2001.
Griel AE, Kris-Etherton PM, Hilpert KF, Zhao G, West SG, Corwin RL. “An increase in dietary n-3 fatty acids decreases a marker of bone resorption in humans.” Nutr J. 2007 Jan 16;6:2. PMID:17227589.
Harper CR, Edwards MJ, DeFilipis AP, Jacobson TA. “Flaxseed oil increases the plasma concentrations of cardioprotective (n-3) fatty acids in humans.” J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1):83-7. PMID:16365063.
Kinniry P, Amrani Y, Vachani A, Solomides CC, Arguiri E, Workman A, Carter J, Christofidou-Solomidou M. “Dietary flaxseed supplementation ameliorates inflammation and oxidative tissue damage in experimental models of acute lung injury in mice.” J Nutr. 2006 Jun;136(6):1545-51. PMID:16702319.
Mantzioris E, James MJ, Gibson RA, Cleland LG. “Nutritional attributes of dietary flaxseed oil.” Am J Clin Nutr 1995 Oct;62(4):841-2. PMID:18170.