Free of harmful levels of toxic residue because it’s GOTS certified.
Cotton and even clothing made from certified organic cotton can retain the residue of the toxic chemicals used in the conventional manufacturing process. A 2013 study by Greenpeace found NPEs, phthalates, organotins, per/poly-fluorinated chemicals and antimony in excessive levels in clothes for infants and children.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) replaces the conventional method of manufacturing that can douse the fabric in a chemical bath at each step of the way.
Specifically, GOTS prohibits the following typically-used chemicals. Below we explain exactly why it matters for your baby.
- chlorine bleach
- aromatic solvents
- chlorinated benzenes
- endocrine disruptors
- functional nano-particles
- chlorination of wools
- chlorinated plastics (i.e. PVC)
- quaternary ammonium compounds
- aromatic and halogenated solvents
- brominated and chlorinated flame retardants
- complexing agents and surfactants (i.e. NPEs)
- plasticizers (